Illinois Laws On Spousal Maintenance Frequently Change
The formulas for determining spousal support in Illinois can be complex and confusing and take into account the income of both parents. Currently the duration of maintenance depends on the length of marriage with certain percentages applied.
We Know The Factors That Matter Most And How To Protect Your Interests
If you are divorcing and expect spousal support will be an important component of your finances during the transition to a new life, contact us. We are the established Rockford, Illinois, maintenance support attorneys with whom you can discuss your situation.
We also represent clients who expect to pay spousal support, ensuring the proper amount and duration are set. We represent clients in Winnebago, Ogle, Boone and Stephenson counties.
Uniquely Qualified To Make Your Case
The truth is no attorney can say for sure whether spousal maintenance (alimony) will be part of your divorce decree. However, we are equipped to make a strong case on your behalf:
- Rockford alimony attorney Jim Zuba is a former prosecutor with 30 years of trial experience. He is a divorce and family law veteran who has helped hundreds of clients negotiate an equitable distribution of marital assets, including the awarding of maintenance in many cases.
- Attorney Collin Evans is an experienced trial attorney well equipped to handle all maintenance issues.
- Jim Zuba is also a former CPA. His accounting and finance background has made him adept at uncovering hidden or underreported income of a spouse who is arguing against alimony. He knows all the tricks such as withholding the maximum deductions on W-2 forms to misrepresent take-home pay, or failing to report all income from self-employment or other sources.
How The Court Determines Maintenance
When determining spousal support, the court considers many factors, including:
- Length of the marriage
- Child-rearing responsibilities (if there will be a stay-at-home parent)
- Each party’s education level and job skills
- Income and financial resources of each spouse
- Financial needs
- The accustomed standard of living during the marriage
You can be assured that the Rockford, Illinois, alimony attorneys at Zuba & Associates, P.C., will advocate effectively in court for you. We are thoroughly prepared with financial statements and needs assessments, and we present compelling arguments. You might find a lawyer who can promise the moon, but we have the results to back up our legal opinion.
We Can Answer Your Questions About All Divorce Issues
Contact Jim or Collin to arrange a consultation about your divorce and alimony issues. Get the divorce support and guidance you need. And please see our Testimonials from satisfied clients. To set up a time to speak to one of us call our office at 815-397-7000.